qca6174 driver problem after enabling docker associate kernel options.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qca6174 driver problem after enabling docker associate kernel options.

linux_downey
Contributor III

Hi:

I've ported ubuntu18.04 on i.mx8mq-evk, and enabled the docker by modifying the kernel options. 

But, for now, on this platform(ubuntu with docker), I can not insmod the qca6174.ko into kernel, the debug information shows that  a segmentfault occured during insertion, which caused by illegal pointer access.  

I consider that this problem is caused by kernel options modification, So I use the previous version of kernel Image(ubuntu without docker associate kernel options modification),it works OK,The qca6174.ko can normally insmod.  

Considering that qca6174.ko was copied from the official imx8mq-evk image,I try to compile a qca6174 image myself to see if it can solve the problem,The source code of qca6174 on:

platform/vendor/qcom-opensource/wlan/qcacld-2.0 - Unnamed repository 

But I don't know which branch or tag should I use, I tried the latest one, But it compiles failed. The error message is: 

```

/home/hzh/qca6174/qcacld-2.0/CORE/SERVICES/COMMON/adf/linux/adf_os_dma_pvt.h: In function ‘__adf_os_dmamem_alloc’:
/home/hzh/qca6174/qcacld-2.0/CORE/SERVICES/COMMON/adf/linux/adf_os_dma_pvt.h:77:16: error: implicit declaration of function ‘dma_alloc_noncoherent’; did you mean ‘dma_alloc_coherent’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
vaddr = dma_alloc_noncoherent(osdev->dev, size, &lmap->seg[0].daddr,
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dma_alloc_coherent
/home/hzh/qca6174/qcacld-2.0/CORE/SERVICES/COMMON/adf/linux/adf_os_dma_pvt.h:77:14: error: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Werror=int-conversion]
vaddr = dma_alloc_noncoherent(osdev->dev, size, &lmap->seg[0].daddr,
^
/home/hzh/qca6174/qcacld-2.0/CORE/SERVICES/COMMON/adf/linux/adf_os_dma_pvt.h: In function ‘__adf_os_dmamem_free’:
/home/hzh/qca6174/qcacld-2.0/CORE/SERVICES/COMMON/adf/linux/adf_os_dma_pvt.h:103:9: error: implicit declaration of function ‘dma_free_noncoherent’; did you mean ‘dma_free_coherent’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
dma_free_noncoherent(osdev->dev, size, vaddr, dmap->seg[0].daddr);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dma_free_coherent
In file included from /home/hzh/qca6174/qcacld-2.0/CORE/SERVICES/COMMON/adf/adf_nbuf.h:46:0,
from /home/hzh/qca6174/qcacld-2.0/CORE/VOSS/inc/vos_packet.h:60,
from /home/hzh/qca6174/qcacld-2.0/CORE/VOSS/inc/i_vos_list.h:46,
from /home/hzh/qca6174/qcacld-2.0/CORE/VOSS/inc/vos_list.h:73,
from /home/hzh/qca6174/qcacld-2.0/CORE/VOSS/inc/vos_api.h:64,
from /home/hzh/qca6174/qcacld-2.0/CORE/HDD/inc/wlan_hdd_includes.h:55,
from /home/hzh/qca6174/qcacld-2.0/CORE/HDD/src/wlan_hdd_assoc.c:50:
/home/hzh/qca6174/qcacld-2.0/CORE/SERVICES/COMMON/adf/linux/adf_nbuf_pvt.h: At top level:
/home/hzh/qca6174/qcacld-2.0/CORE/SERVICES/COMMON/adf/linux/adf_nbuf_pvt.h:39:10: fatal error: asm/scatterlist.h: No such file or directory
#include <asm/scatterlist.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

```

So, my questions are:

1. Could I solve this problem by regenerating a qca6471.ko? If not, please give me some suggestions about this problem.

2. If the answer to the first question is yes, Is there any guide to help me know how to recompile a qca6174.ko, or how can I config the qca6174 source code?  

If you can provide some help, I will be very grateful.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

downey

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

linux_downey
Contributor III

UPDATE. 

I've found a git repo:GitHub - boundarydevices/qcacld-2.0 at boundary-CNSS.LEA.NRT_2.0 

It saws that the code has been tested againt the 4.14.x kernel branches.  

I followed the step and still get trouble with compiling:

/home/hzh/qca6174/qcacld-2.0/CORE/SERVICES/COMMON/adf/linux/adf_os_dma_pvt.h:140:5: error: implicit       declaration of function ‘dmac_inv_range’; did you mean ‘time_in_range’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
      dmac_inv_range(start, end);
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      time_in_range
      cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

It seems that the kernel API is incompatible.   

Best Regards.

downey.

0 Kudos

linux_downey
Contributor III

BTW,The kernel version is 4.14.98.

0 Kudos