cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems installing bsp linux

joniparragirre
Contributor I

hello everybody,

I have the SABRE Board for Smart i.mx6q and I want to install the latest bsp of linux.

I have downloaded the MfgTool2 and the '12_09_01_oneiric.tgz' . Then i have renamed it to oneiric and I have copied in the path Profiles\MX6Q Linux Update\OS Firmware\files.

I also have changed

[LIST]

name = SabreSD-SD  to Ubuntu-SabreSD-SD and finally I have executed MfgTool2.

After changing the uboot the linux bsp starts despite some errors, but the screen does not work.

To change the uboot I have follow the instructions given in the linux user guide

What is the problem? What can I do?

Thanks for the answers.

Jon

Original Attachment has been moved to: HyperTerminal.txt.zip

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What display are you using?

Looking at your kernel command line, primary display is HDMI output and secondary is LVDS. Not sure if anything will be shown on secondary (LVDS) by Ubuntu at boot. Also, there's two  LVDS connectors on SABRE Board, try both.

joniparragirre
Contributor I

Hello,

Thanks for answering. I use HDMI output and I connect it to a full HD screen, with this configuration:

" video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB666 video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi, 1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24 "

The screen supports 1920x1080 configuration.

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is there an extra space there between “hdmi,” and “1920x1080M”? That might cause problem with parsing kernel parameters…

Br,

Vladan

0 Kudos

joniparragirre
Contributor I

I have proved without the space but it continues falling

At first the screen gets signal from the board and in few seconds a cursor appears but then it disappear and the screen loses the signal.

0 Kudos