cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with YOCTO mfgtool

xiaoqiangyang
Contributor III

Hi all,

I am building BSP for imx6q custom board with YOCTO(Rev L3.10.53_1.1.0-ga). Now I want to build kernel and u-boot firmware for Manufacturing Tool.

First I made some modifications under ~/fsl-release-bsp/build-x11/tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-imx-mfgtool/2014.04-r0/git

for my custom board. Then I use "bitbake fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs" to build them and it succeeded. But my modifications of u-boot were overwriten.

It seemed like the u-boot source code was newly unpacked.

How can I save my own modification and build my own manufacturing tool image ? If I do not use YOCTO, how to build mfgtool image standalone?

Thanks in advance!

xiaoqiang.yang@realtimes.cn

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Xiaoqiang,

Sorry for late reply. About building the manufacturing tool image, in the yocto you can refer to the 6.2 The Manufacturing Tool in the Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf, MFGTool:

To build a manufacturing image do the following

$ bitbake fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs

If you are using the LTIB, you can refer to the user guide document.

Hope this can help you.

Have a great day,

Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Xiaoqiang,

I will confirm it for you. Please wait with patience.

Have a nice day

Dan

0 Kudos