mono-project built under LTIB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mono-project built under LTIB?

JamesRobinson
Contributor II

Has anyone tried to build the mono-project's .net framework under LTIB?

Thanks,

James

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

angusbastin
Contributor I

Hi,

I have made an attempt to cross-compile mono for iMX53 processor using LTIB. After editing the configure file I have got it to build and compile.

I can get it to execute a simple console output "Hello world" but once I use gtk# application I get;

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Angus

lancefiger
Contributor I

Hi, Angus

How you do that? What version of mono did you use? Can you describe the steps please of bulding mono using LTIB. Spec file?

0 Kudos

RodneyFulk
Contributor III

I am curious about this as well. I am working on a project where I will be needing to make use of Mono.

My intent is to test the item in my 64bit linux virtual machine and duplicate it on my IMX53 QSB.

Would be nice to hear if I need to be on the look out for something.

0 Kudos

andrew_questps
Contributor III

I've been attempting this but can't even get the mono source to configure correctly, it keeps telling me that it cannot run test program while cross compiling.

Is there any chance you could post the spec file that you are using? It is starting to drive me crazy I can't get started...

Cheers,

Barak.

James Robinson said:

Update,

I have been able to get mono to run on the iMX28EVK building under LTIB and coping the DLL's off of a build under Ubuntu host (CLI only). I also almost got windows forms running, it seems it is looking for a X11 posixhelper library that didn't get built. I also did a native build of mono. I REALLY don't recommend this method seeing it takes forever and you also need to enable a swap partition on a Thumb drive. might try distcc next time.

I was able to build a helloworld.cs on the MX28 and run it with "mono helloworld.exe" ;-)

I am still working on why the mcs does not fully build under LTIB even tho I have mono on the host.(might be a version problem. I am using 2.10.8 for target and 2.4.2 on ubuntu)

I also had to change some of the config for the linux build to suite my needs.

Hacking a way....

James

0 Kudos

JamesRobinson
Contributor II

Update,

I have been able to get mono to run on the iMX28EVK building under LTIB and coping the DLL's off of a build under Ubuntu host (CLI only). I also almost got windows forms running, it seems it is looking for a X11 posixhelper library that didn't get built. I also did a native build of mono. I REALLY don't recommend this method seeing it takes forever and you also need to enable a swap partition on a Thumb drive. might try distcc next time.

I was able to build a helloworld.cs on the MX28 and run it with "mono helloworld.exe" ;-)

I am still working on why the mcs does not fully build under LTIB even tho I have mono on the host.(might be a version problem. I am using 2.10.8 for target and 2.4.2 on ubuntu)

I also had to change some of the config for the linux build to suite my needs.

Hacking a way....

James

0 Kudos

lancefiger
Contributor I

Hi, James!

Please help me to build mono under LTIB on my iMX28 processor. Can you describe all process?

0 Kudos

MattMitchell
Contributor I

I'm also hitting the "cannot run test program while cross compiliing" issue during configure with LTIB.  Would you mind sharing your spec file or patches James?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos

andreatomaello
Contributor I

Hi James,

I'm trying to build mono under LTIB but also to me it keeps teeling that it cannot run test program while cross compiling. How did you set up the spec file?

Thanks

Andrea

0 Kudos