Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcu bootutility

Jump to solution
TM_MI
Contributor III

Hello,

I have a problem with mcubootutility flashing into RT1170 (MIMXRT1176DVMAA).

I don’t know what changed, I have used MCU boot utility on the same board and computer before and I was able to flash with no issues.

I am able to finish all steps but nothing changes on the board, not sure what am missing from the last time worked on it.

I redownloaded the application, redownloaded python 2.7, tried different configuration, tried different image files, used the serial download and jtag and everything was ok.

Booting configuration is serial (01) then (10) for internal booting. Other switch all zeros for NOR flexspi.

TM_MI_1-1657733169505.pngTM_MI_2-1657733179308.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @TM_MI ,

No, your downloaded app is not correct, you need to use this one:

NXP-MCUBootUtility-3.5.0\apps\NXP_MIMXRT1170-EVK_Rev.A\cm7\led_blinky_0x3000a000.srec

You are selected the wrong board in the path, please check it.

After I download the above code to my MIMXRT1170-EVK board, after press the on board reset button SW4, then RED led is blinking

Please check it again on your side.

NXP_X-IMXRT1170-VAL_Rev.A2 led pin is not the same as the EVK board.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @TM_MI ,

Which detail MCUbootUtility issues?

I can't see your log, please also share the black window with command, then I can see the log.

Do you mean now you can't connect it?

I see, you already enter the serial download mode, and the USB PID/VID is  correct, you need to press the connect button to connect the board.

Please try it again, if you still meet issues, share your issues pictures and log.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos
TM_MI
Contributor III

Hi,

I uploaded my process in pictures below. I verified the LED is working using Blinky from MCUXPRESSO serial download.

Thank you,

TM

TM_MI_0-1657809715366.jpeg

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.jpg

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @TM_MI ,

Perfect!

From your test result, I find all your MCUBootUtility and the board are working.

So, your tool and hardware should no issues.

If you still have issues about it, please kindly let me know.

If your question is solved, please help to mark the correct answer, just to close this case, thanks.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
TM_MI
Contributor III

Hello Kerry,

You can see from the last picture that the board LED is not blinking.

The loading is happening but there is no change. Can you please provide me with a (.src or .hex) that you already tested. I used the same board and tool 6 month ago and I was able to download the blinky and see it blink to verify.

Thanks

TM

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @TM_MI ,

No, your downloaded app is not correct, you need to use this one:

NXP-MCUBootUtility-3.5.0\apps\NXP_MIMXRT1170-EVK_Rev.A\cm7\led_blinky_0x3000a000.srec

You are selected the wrong board in the path, please check it.

After I download the above code to my MIMXRT1170-EVK board, after press the on board reset button SW4, then RED led is blinking

Please check it again on your side.

NXP_X-IMXRT1170-VAL_Rev.A2 led pin is not the same as the EVK board.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos