cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

matroskamux issue with multi-threaded GStreamer Application

Jump to solution
sumanranjan
Contributor III

I am using yocto dora branch for IMX6 SabreSD board. I have written a GStreamer application which can save video streams from multiple cameras into .mkv format simultaneously.

The pipeline used in the program to store video stream in .mkv format is given below,

gst-launch rtspsrc location=rtsp://10.20.1.48/axis-media/media.amp typefind=true ! rtph264depay queue-delay=0 ! capsfilter caps="video/x-h264,width=640,height=480,framerate=(fraction)30/1" ! matroskamux ! filesink location=test.mkv

As long as I run the program with single camera stream it works all the time. When I switch to multi-threading to get streams from multiple cameras I see in-consistency due to "matroskamux" plugin. It works 2-out-of-5 times kind of behaviour. If I remove the plugin from pipeline and save the raw stream in .264 format directly then there is no problem with the application.

(GSTApp:1718): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type `GstMatroskamuxPad'

(GSTApp:1718): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

Segmentation fault

My same application works fine on phytec board. I do not have phytec sources to diff "matroskamux" plugin right now.

Plugin Versions :

/gstreamer/0.10.36-r2/

/gst-plugins-good-0.10.31/gst/matroska

Has anyone encountered such an issue with "matroskamux" plugin in multi-threading scenario.

~Suman

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sumanranjan
Contributor III

Thanks Xie..I got around this problem exactly the way you have mentioned. I used 'mpegtsmux' plugin in place of matroskamux.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

as I known, no one has tested matroskamux for this case, it seems that MKV muxer has issue for this, maybe you can try to use mpegtsmux to replace matroskamux, or other muxer, I send the gstreamer plugins Reference Manula, hope helpful for you.

<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/plugins.html>.

sumanranjan
Contributor III

Thanks Xie..I got around this problem exactly the way you have mentioned. I used 'mpegtsmux' plugin in place of matroskamux.

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

great, if you have fixed this issue, do you mind closing this thread?

0 Kudos