cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linux porting

saida
Contributor II

hi

I have a customized imxdl hardware board where extra devices are added and pin muxing also different  from sabresd board

i am able to port u-boot,linux kernel and rootfile system with sabresd board which i purchased

in my custom board i am using uart3 and i chaned it in u-boot UART3_BASE ans CONSOLE is ttymxc2

so u-boot is working but kernel is not booting (i am using imx6dl-sabresd.dtb file for kernel booting which is in kernel)

it is stopping at 'Starting Kernel'

no further console messages

what could be the problem

thanks and regards

saida

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jingyangxie
Contributor V

Hi,Saida S

Have you configed the gpio for uart3 correctly in the dts?if so ,you can do the test(communicate with the PC by read/write the uart)

0 Kudos

saida
Contributor II

Thank you for your replay

I changed gpio pins for UART 3 in dtsi file and it is updated in dtb file after build also

But still it's not working. Where this UART 3 initialized in Linux ? I am debugging through source code also , if you have any clues plZ share it i will try and come back to you 

Thank you very much

Regards 

Saida

0 Kudos

jingyangxie
Contributor V

the whole uarts will be initialized when enabled in dts.for imx,the uart driver is in /driver/tty/serial/imx.c.you can refer the file for details.or can you give the start massage of your board?I want to know more details.

0 Kudos

saida
Contributor II

Ok i will send it to you soon

Byee 

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You need to update u-boot options with new console and make sure that Linux kernel itself supports it.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos