imx8mm android hdmi issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8mm android hdmi issue

lizuobin
Contributor II

Imx8mm evk android hdmi shows some small white horizontal lines in a solid background. For example, you can open the clock application, then slide the mouse to see some small white lines.

However, in Linux I repeatedly tested the above problems, I compared the mipi2hdmi driver, this part is consistent, the difference is that the display part of the android added the fence synchronization mechanism, I do not know whether this is caused by the difference Phenomenon, can you help me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

I suggest upgrading to the newest Android version Android P9.0.2.3.0. I have tested with that version and I could not find any problem.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

shinyuwu
Contributor I

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try 2.3.0 later.

On the other hand, I checked the release notes in 2.3.0. It says that the release quality for imx8m mini evk is "Post-GA".

May I know what the different between "GA" and "Post-GA"?

Thank you

BR

Brian

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

That normally happens because of a malfunction of the HDMI cable. Have you tried testing with another HDMI cable?

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

lizuobin
Contributor II

Hi,

thanks for the reply, I don't think this is the problem caused by the HDMI cable, because I use the same imx8mm evk hardware, there is no problem using the linux image. Moreover, this HDMI cable has been used for a long time and is normal on other platforms.

Do you have imx8mm evk hardware on hand? If so, please help me test, I am using the image in android_p9.0.0_2.0.0-ga_image_8mmevk

thanks.

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

I apologize for the delay,

Do you have any image with the problem?

Furthermore, the output log could help me to find where is the problem.

Best regards,

Diego

0 Kudos

lizuobin
Contributor II

IMG_20190723_090926.jpg

Small white lines can be seen when the mouse moves

0 Kudos

shinyuwu
Contributor I

Hi,

I also have the same problem on our im8m mini board with android_p9.0.0_2.0.0-ga BSP. Do you have any solution for this problem?

Thanks.

BR

Brian

0 Kudos