Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx7ulp evk cannot enter download mode

Jump to solution
andrew_questps
Contributor III

Hi all,

I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong here. I have changed the boot-pins to download mode (D1 off, D2 on) but I can't detect anything on my PC.

If I use the SD card provided with the EVK then the linux distro boots fine (when i change back to dual boot settings (on, off, off, on).

Is there something I am missing here? With the imx7d sabre board I had to remove the SD card and then try to boot the system before the serial downloader worked, is there something similar that needs doing here?
I am attempting to load the android demo image from NXP.

Regards,

Andre

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andre,

The DIP switch configuration that you mentioned are actually correct for Serial Downloader Mode.

7ulp.png

The other thing that you need to verify is that you are connecting the board to the PC trough the USB Type-C port (the one from the processor) instead of the micro USB (which is from USB-Serial converter).

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
watssonmerry445
Contributor I

I have also faced the same issue on my system and I directly reported this on epson error code 0xf4 and it is really very helpful to guide in this matter.

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andre,

The DIP switch configuration that you mentioned are actually correct for Serial Downloader Mode.

7ulp.png

The other thing that you need to verify is that you are connecting the board to the PC trough the USB Type-C port (the one from the processor) instead of the micro USB (which is from USB-Serial converter).

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

andrew_questps
Contributor III

Thanks - silly me, I think I didn't have the cable plugged in correctly...

I was asking another question about the MIPI display but have now seen the hardware note that says that 5 resistors need to be removed and 5 0-ohm links need to be added, will do so after lunch.

0 Kudos