imx53 LCD data enable problem?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx53 LCD data enable problem?

woutervh
Contributor IV

We have a imx53 board, connected to a TFT-display using the 24-bit parallel interface. But we seem to face an issue.
It worked ok for years having normal content and sporadicaly some video. However, we now wanted to use it as a video networkplayer. So we have it listening to a video multicast for hours. Seems that after a few hours, the screen goes down. Having some further investigations, it seems that all signals are there, but the data-enable signal is completely out of sync, and also sometimes missing. Only a reboot fixes the issue. Sounds familiar to anybody?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

woutervh
Contributor IV

Some further info. It seems like not only the data-ready is messed up... Is there a way I can check the outgoing clocks by registers or whatever?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vanhauwaert 

one can test board memory:

Lab and Test Software (1)
DDR Stress tester kit for the i.MX51 and i.MX53(REV 1)

i.MX53 Quick Start Board|NXP 

and perform baremetal peripheral tests

On-Board Diagnostic Suit for the i.MX53 Quick Start Board 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

woutervh
Contributor IV

Igor, the board is already in the field for years. I doubt there would be some ddr/peripheral issue on it...

0 Kudos