Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx35 - SDRAM

Aditya1z
Contributor I

Hi guys,

I am using the imx35 in a project. Here is the problem i am facing:

The board returns an error - data error / prefetch error whenever the bootloader is being started from the SDRAM. i suspect the timings and register configurations in the SDRAM used and imx35 are not matching.

If this is not the case please diagnose the problem and help me with a solution. It is quite urgent.

Thanks & Regards,

Aditya

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Aditya1z
Contributor I

Sorry Jerry, my bad :-(

I have phrased the above sentence poorly and hence it appears very confusing. Will post a proper query soon with sufficent data backing it up.

Thanks,

Aditya

P.S - In the meanwhile do you know how to Interface an OV560 LCD panel to an imx35 kit which has a personality board ?

I have built the appropriate test applications using Barebox. How do I run these test application binaries ? That is, I need an explicit method of copying the binaries to board and running them.

P.P.S - To be simpler, I need to get some video displayed on the LCD after being processed by imx35 chipset. The video source is a PAL/NTSC DVD player.

0 Kudos

JerryFan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aditya,

I am a lit bit lost. You said that the bootloader "It writes perfectly from the address i have given - 0x8000000", but when executed, it "doesnt exist at 0x80000000 address but instead appears to be at 0x8f7------". It's strange.

My suggestion is :run a simple program in the internal ram instead of the SDRAM to verify the SDRAM.

0 Kudos

Aditya1z
Contributor I

Thanks Jerry..

Here are a few more specifics.

I have used Barebox bootloader and written it to the sdram. It writes perfectly from the address i have given - 0x8000000

However when i try to execute it, it starts reading from the sdram and gives an error.

I am gettting - " onchip stopped" and "execution vector" error messages. And the bootloader which i copied to sdram doesnt exist at 0x80000000 address but instead appears to be at 0x8f7------

Please help me out in this regard.

Thannks & Regards,

Aditya

0 Kudos

JerryFan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please write some words and read them back to verify the SDRAM works or not. And the verifying image should run in internal RAM.

Best Regards

Jerry

0 Kudos