Did you mean: 

iMX8MQ JTAG debugging

Jump to solution
nirmalluhana
Contributor IV

Hi,

Release: Yocto-Morty (4.9.51_GA)

Board: i.MX8MQ EVK

I want to debug CORTEX-A53 core of imx8mq using the JTAG interface. I have Segger J-Link EDU device and able to debug cortex-M4 of imx8mq as patches provided in SDK_2.5_MX8_GA_Patch. But now when configuring CORTEX-A53 I get errors.

So, for debugging CORTEX-A53 which JTAG emulator is recommended ? or there is any document or commands available to do the same?

Best regards,

Nirmal

Labels (1)
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nirmal,

According with Segger’s “Overview of Supported CPUs and Devices” webpage, Cortex-A53 is listed as supported by the J-Link.

Other commonly recommended debugger for Cortex-A based processors, is the ARM SDTREAM:

https://developer.arm.com/tools-and-software/software-development-tools/debug-probes/dstream-family/...

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nirmal,

According with Segger’s “Overview of Supported CPUs and Devices” webpage, Cortex-A53 is listed as supported by the J-Link.

Other commonly recommended debugger for Cortex-A based processors, is the ARM SDTREAM:

https://developer.arm.com/tools-and-software/software-development-tools/debug-probes/dstream-family/...

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

nirmalluhana
Contributor IV

Thanks, Carlos.

Appreciate your support.

Best regards,

Nirmal

0 Kudos