iMX8 Blank Screen between Linux Kernel and Android Boot Animation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8 Blank Screen between Linux Kernel and Android Boot Animation

lshi
Contributor I

I have an iMX8M Mini board and I am building with the android_P9.0.0_2.3.0. There's a noticeable period (~2s) of a blank screen (sometimes flickering) between the kernel splash screen and boot animation. What I want is to keep my customized kernel screen/logo on the screen (NO blank) until my animation kicks in. 

From the "Embedded Android", it mentioned an "Init boot logo" stage between the "Kernel boot" and "Boot animation", but I don't actually see any "Android" words on the screen, just blank. Given the book is really outdated now, I am wondering is that still the case? That I'll have to make another image just for this "Init boot logostage?

So how can I eliminate this transition blank screen?

thanks,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ruthu
Contributor I

Hi , did you find any solution . please help me

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lei

by default the display re-initialize on the kernel side, on the other hand disable
the re-initialize display event is not common at the kernel side and it will require
some non-trivial changes at the clocks. So for this case, it would be better contacting
the professional services : Commercial Support and Engineering Services | NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos