iMX6 vpuenc plugin (gstreamer) documentation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 vpuenc plugin (gstreamer) documentation

normancheung
Contributor III

I need help to understand the parameters for this plugin, what is the behavior when some of the param are set:

1. force-framerate :  If this is set true, and bitrate is fixed, would it drop bitrate when running behind, or would it drop frames?

2. seqheader-method : appreciate explanation of what auto does, and each of the options.

3. timestamp-method :  what is GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE?  No GST clock?

Thanks,

Norman

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

phil_martin
Contributor II

Yes, I too would be very interested in documentation for the vpuenc plug-in!

I wonder why Freescale are so reluctant to supply documentation for this important function?

Phil

0 Kudos

XXiao1z
Contributor III

I'm also looking for fsl-gst-plugin document, including vpuenc, and had no luck so far.

is there any way to get access to some doc on the freescale-specific gstreamer documentations?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

could you tell me where did you find these parameters? refer to the gstreamer vpu encoder source code or any document?

0 Kudos

michaelb_
Contributor III

just use "gst-inspect vpuenc" and you can find all these parameters. Although, the documentation is spare, so the original question is still valid.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

we maybe don't have specific document for vpuenc, but you can refer to the multimeida user guide, and use the command "gst-inspect | vpuenc" to get more inforamtion, in the codec package, you can find source code of vpuenc.

0 Kudos