cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 Solo/DualLite processor schematic/PCB symbol

Jump to solution
cliverolston
Contributor III

Does anyone know where I can get a schematic/PCB symbol for the iMX6 Solo/DualLite processor?

1 Solution
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Clive,

I can't find how to save the library as *.llb, but I managed to save it in 16.2 format. I'm also attaching sch-27516 in 16.2 in case you want to extract something from there. About the pcb symbol, allegro doesn't seem to have the option to save it as an old version, but I saved it as *.brd instead of *.dra. If this doesn't work for you I'll try to find an alternative.

Best regards.

Jorge.

View solution in original post

46 Replies
borissnajder
Contributor I

I'm working on a new design with iMX6, and we are targeting to use iMX6 Dual POP package. Is there schematic symbol and/or footprint available for this device (MCIMX6D5EZK08AD).

Regards,

Boris Snajder

0 Kudos
EricsEah
Contributor I

Can you help to convert the schematic from orcad 16 version to orcad ver10?

I have an older version and cannot open the new version

0 Kudos
peterhygren
Contributor III

Here's the layout in Altium format for the SABRE Board for Smart Devices Based on the i.MX 6 Series Product Summary Page revision C3.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109867706/EVALBOARD_20130430.zip

If you want the footprints: Tools => Make integrated library.

0 Kudos
alexandereshuis
Contributor I

Dear Peter,

could u please send the Altium format for the SABRE Board for Smart Devices Based on the i.MX 6 Series Product Summary Page revision C3.

it nowadays gives a 404

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
peterhygren
Contributor III

Hi Alexander,

I've uploaded the file to this site, but it has to be approved by a moderator before it's visible. I'll check in later to see if it's been approved. I think you should be able to find it as well as posted by me as soon as it's approved.

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
alexandereshuis
Contributor I

Dear Peter,

Thanks for  the PCB however, Tools => Make integrated library. does not work (most likely because no schematic ) 

Do you by any chance have the altium schematic as well??

So l can fetch the actual fetch the integrated library from the board?

0 Kudos
peterhygren
Contributor III

Which symbol is it that you require?

I'm sorry but I don't have the schematic part saved, but I did convert a number of the parts on the board.

0 Kudos
alexandereshuis
Contributor I

The quad imx6

Would be most helpfull

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 10 sep. 2013 om 16:33 heeft "Peter Hygren" <admin@community.freescale.com> het volgende geschreven:

iMX6 Solo/DualLite processor schematic/PCB symbol

reply from Peter Hygren in i.MX Community - View the full discussion

Which symbol is it that you require?

I'm sorry but I don't have the schematic part saved, but I did convert a number of the parts on the board.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Freescale Community

Start a new discussion in i.MX Community by email or at Freescale Community

Following iMX6 Solo/DualLite processor schematic/PCB symbol in these streams: Inbox

0 Kudos
peterhygren
Contributor III

Attaching footprint and symbol library for IMX6Q and IMX6D (they share symbol and footprint).

In the PCB library I've added 2 footprints for the processor, one extracted from the SABRE Smart Devices board, and one I created myself. The symbol is linked to the footprint I created, and it's been verified to work on a number of boards now with no complaints from assembly line.

Regards,

Peter Hygren

0 Kudos
_carlos
Contributor I

Hi,

does anybody have a symbol/footprint for the iMX6 Quad version?

cheers Karl

0 Kudos
peterhygren
Contributor III

What's with all the missing pads?bga.png

0 Kudos
cliverolston
Contributor III

Hi Peter,

This footprint is for the i.MX6 SoloLite. I've asked Yuri for the Solo/DualLite footprint - see my previous post.

Cheers,

Clive

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The attached relates to MX6 with part number PCIMX6U8DVM10AA,

package MAPBGA 21x21 0.8mm.

cliverolston
Contributor III

Yuri, works a treat. Thanks, Clive

0 Kudos
Rob_iMX6
Contributor II

Hi Clive

How did you manage to get the symbol into Altium Designer? The importer simply say "not recognized"...

Could you please upload you AD version? Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

-Rob

0 Kudos
cliverolston
Contributor III

Hi Rob,

Here's the Altium symbol and the footprint. The footprint's missing the dimensions at present.

Cheers,

Clive

daviduhen
Contributor I

Clive and Rob,

I am traveling the same path you did with Yuri's files.  Any chance you can post the complete Altium Project of the imported Ref Design?

Regards,

DAU

0 Kudos
cliverolston
Contributor III

Hi David,

Here's the Altium project zip file. Is this what you wanted?

Cheers,

Clive

0 Kudos
daviduhen
Contributor I

Thanks for the file Clive.  I am trying to put together a complete Altium project - schematics plus pcb with cross probing nets.  I have started with SCH-27516_16_2 but I'm not sure which PCB matches.  Can you explain the numbering?  I have documents with the following numbers 27516, 27392, 27417, 27452.  Are there descriptions of each of these somewhere?

Regards,

DAU

0 Kudos
Rob_iMX6
Contributor II

Hi Clive

Thank you very much! I owe you a beer or two!

Kind regards,

-Rob

0 Kudos