iMX6 Solo DDR3 Calibration Script Aid

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 Solo DDR3 Calibration Script Aid

bdp42
Contributor IV

I pulled down a script aid for imx6 DDR3 Calibration in Nov 2018. I was looking for a script that supported the iMX6 Solo/DualLite.The file I downloaded was "i.MX6DQSDL DDR3 Script Aid V0.11.xlsx" and this has support for a number iMX6 processors, including the iMX6 Solo, via a drop down menu.

However I went back to the NXP website and it looks like this script has been removed. In its place is a file MX6Q_SabreSD_DDR3_register_programming_aid_v2.3.xlsx

However this looks quite old and does not seem to support the iMX6Solo and now I can't find one that does.

Also the document "imx6 DRAM Port Application Guide - DD3" on the NXP website does not match this script aid.

This has prompted me to wonder which script aid I should use for the iMX6 Solo. Is the original one (i.MX6DQSDL DDR3 Script Aid V0.11.xlsx) still valid ?

Thanks,

Bruno

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bruno,

I would recommend using the newest version. The previous one should also work as it was supported for a while and the hardware remains the same, but I’m trying to find out what are the differences on the output these two tools generate. Perhaps the newer version output may be better optimized.

I’ll let you know of my findings.

Regards,

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bruno,

The updated Programming Aid for i.MX6Solo and Dual Lite is the following:

i.MX6DL SABRE SDP/B DDR3 Register Programming Aid 

The programming aids were separated by versions of the i.MX6 processor so they are no longer all supported in a single programming aid.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-236354

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos