Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6-SCM Display,Audio Coded and Part Compatibility queries

nimeshkotak
Contributor I

Hello,

I have few queries on iMX6-SCM.

1) If i want to drive two same displays by same video data then what kind of consideration needs to be taken care during the design for sync of the two displays.Would it make any difference if the paths for the both display signals are not same?

Resolution(1080x1920p @ 30 fps). Please suggest for length match criteria and PCB layout guideline.

2) Please suggest simplest audio codec part to interface headset with mic with the iMX6-SCM.

3) Please let us know the footprint compatibility of all iMX6-SCM parts.

Thanks,

Nimesh kotak.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

1) If i want to drive two same displays by same video data then what kind of consideration needs to be taken care during the design for sync of the two displays.Would it make any difference if the paths for the both display signals are not same?

Resolution(1080x1920p @ 30 fps). Please suggest for length match criteria and PCB layout guideline.

What kinds of displays you pretend to use?

2) Please suggest simplest audio codec part to interface headset with mic with the iMX6-SCM.

It has been tested the WM8962.

3) Please let us know the footprint compatibility of all iMX6-SCM parts.

You can find more hardware related information in the below links:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/user-guides/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf 

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/data-sheets/SCMIMX6DQIEC.pdf 

I hope that helps.

Alejandro

nimeshkotak
Contributor I

Hi Alejandro,

Thank you for the support.

Each of the displays will have dual-Link LVDS interface(8 data pairs, 2 clock pairs).

The two RGB ports of the iMX6-SCM will be used with the RGB to dual-LVDS  bridge chips.

The LVDS. The  maximum LVDS clock frequncy can go 148 MHz for 1080x1920p @ 60fps.

The iMX6-SCM also has LVDS port which can be used directly for one of the displays.

But in that case for the other display we will have to use the bridge chip, which may require some sync mechanism if we want to achieve concurrency for both the displays.

Please give your suggestions on such implementation. And what things we must take care in such situations.

Also, we  are about to start the design based around ths iMX6-SCM, so we will need NXP's support for design review and  to solve some of our queries. Can we have some specific point of contact for this.

Thanks,

Nimesh Kotak.

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nimesh,

Just to clarify. You want to use the parallel interface and a bridge for an LVDS panel. And the LDB port for the other LVDS panel? You want to clone both displays?

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

nimeshkotak
Contributor I

Yes, Alejandro. You understood correctly.

The two displays should be able to operate independently and we want to clone as well.

Please let us know if you have any inputs on this.

Regards,

Nimesh Kotak.

0 Kudos