cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 Quad PoP Package supporting LPDDR2

pranavparmar
Contributor III

Dear Reader,

I want to use the PoP version of iMX6 in my new design. But there are no reference schematics for the same. Neither are any supported LPDDR2 memories described. I reference some of the blogs regarding the same in community and found that EDB8164B4PT-1DAT-F is compatible. 

When I saw the pin connection between two I made following observation:

As per the ball assignment processor channel 1 is connected to memory die 0 and, processor channel 0 is connected to memory die 1. But he Clock Enable signal (CKE_Px) is exchanged, i.e. Processor CKE0_P0 is connected to Memory CKE_A and CKE0_P1 is connected to CKE_B.

Will this configuration work? Or is there any other LPDDR supported?

Thanks in advance.

Pranav

Labels (2)
3 Replies

pranavparmar
Contributor III

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your kind reply. We are planning to use MCIMX6Q7CZK08AE in our system to get smallest form factor. Moreover MT42L128M64D2LL-25 is obsolete. So EDB8164B4PT-1DAT-F is replacement of the same. But still clock enable is crossed.

Please clarify.

Thanks

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

DRAM_CKE0P0      AA29 , DRAM_CKE1P0   Y29 in Table 85. 12 x 12 mm

Functional Contact Assignments i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Consumer-PoP

Applications Processor Data Sheet are defined per sect.2.1 LPDDR2 12x12 PoP 2-channel 2x32 package

ballout LPDDR2 JESD209-2D specification.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/IMX6DQCPOPEC.pdf 

pastedImage_1.jpg

Best regards
igor

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pranav

one can look at below links (also some info were sent via mail)

https://community.nxp.com/thread/472137 

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos