iMX6 Android 8 OTA size

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 Android 8 OTA size

aabitria
Contributor I

Is there an available prebuilt OTA file for Android 8 in iMX6?  I just want to have a general idea of its size for memory sizing.

I'm currently downloading the source related to the imx-o8.0.0_1.0.0_ga.tar.gz BSP from NXP (because its for iMX6 which is what I need) and plan to build it and build its otapackage.  However, several days of download and it's not yet over.  How big is its repo?  Is it downloading from AOSP?  That's why I'm asking here to get the size directly and to short-circuit this enormous download that I think is many terabytes.  

#android oreo

#imx6d

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

karangajjar
Senior Contributor II

Hi   Alain Abitria,

The prebuilt of the OTA package will not be available for any Android. One has to build/generate the OTA package from the Android Source. You can find the steps of building the Android source and OTA package in the Android User Guide. You can download the documents from this link

Regarding the issue, you are facing we think that it is due to slow internet speed because we are able to build the source of Android 8.0.0.1.0.0 and also able to build an OTA package.

Generally, the repo size goes up to 100 to 120GB. For Android source code refer Section 3.1 in android_user's_guide.pdf

Let us know in case of any concerns.

Regards,
Karan Gajjar

0 Kudos