cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX50 USB boot driver

tarterkit_ru
Contributor III

Hi,

debug custom board of iMX508, after power on (connected via USB), on PC create "NS Blank CODEX" ...

update of USB driver from MFG tools directory is failed.

Please, where can i get correct USB drivers for iMX50?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Pavel

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Pavel

We have not got your response yet and will close the diacussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to

reply with an update to this discussion.
Thanks,
Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Pavel

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow to resolved the

issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need Freescale help, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

oliverortega
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a similar experience also, with my imx502 board. When i connect the USB OTG of the board to PC (Win7 64bit), i got an "unknown device" response. The Manufacturing Tool only provides the USB driver for BulkIO USB driver and not for the HID driver for iMX50 which is needed to connect to the manufacturing tool. Does anyone has the USB driver for iMX50?

thanks

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I.MX50 boot ROM initializes USB and enumerates it as a dedicated device like standard HID device, therfore there is no need for special driver.

Please try to disable all USB3 ports on the host computer.

It may help.

0 Kudos

oliverortega
Contributor I

Thanks Yuri, but i tried to disable the USB3 ports but still the same"unknown device" detected. Even using PC without USB3 has the same response.

0 Kudos

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pavel,

What version of windows are you using?, and from which version of MFGTool did you get the driver for it?

0 Kudos

tarterkit_ru
Contributor III

Hello!

OS is Windows 7, MFG tools (with drivers) was downloaded from "Software & Tools" page for iMX508, current MFG version is 1.6.2.042-g92b97ee

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you tried just 64-bit drivers (if Win 7 is 64-bit) ? I am not sure if 64-bit drivers are provided in MFG package.

0 Kudos

tarterkit_ru
Contributor III

Hi Yuri!

My Win7 is 32-bit.

My board don't use GPIO6_16 (is float), and as i understand, in this way processor switched to USB Low-Power Boot mode ...

My be this reason of behavior.

Board is already tested (booted from SD) and all USB ports worked well.

0 Kudos

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pavel, can you download MFGTool v2 and use the driver that is in there?. You can find the MFG v2 from this link

It is under "programmers".

Just use the driver, not the MFG Tool v2.

Let me know if it works.

tarterkit_ru
Contributor III

Sergio, thanks, but i'm don't have needed software for make it ...

Visual Studio 2008 Professional

Windows 7 WDK 7600.16385.0 or later, 7600.16385.1 is better

Windows SDK v6.0A or later, v7.1 is better

0 Kudos