Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX RT queries

Jump to solution
prithvirajnaren
Contributor I

Greetings,
Thanks for the iMX RT SoC, its a beast of a chip. Here are few questions that I have regarding the chip that I couldn't find in the datasheet or the reference manual. I'll be grateful if you can answer them. Thanks.

• What's the tentative schedule for the release of the A1 version of 1052? Does it make sense to start working with the A0 version or is it better to wait for the A1?
  • There is the camera application where SDRAM is used as a buffer. Would it be possible to use the SD Card as the buffer instead? This will remove the need to have an expensive SDRAM in the system.
  • What is the time to wake up to execute code from the different sleep states? Assuming the code is being executed from 1. RAM and 2. needs to be retrived from a QSPI flash chip.
Tags (2)
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Prithvi,

• What's the tentative schedule for the release of the A1 version of 1052? Does it make sense to start working with the A0 version or is it better to wait for the A1?  ANSWER. We do not have a tentative date yet.  A0 it is a functional device and you can start designing with it.
  • There is the camera application where SDRAM is used as a buffer. Would it be possible to use the SD Card as the buffer instead? This will remove the need to have an expensive SDRAM in the system.  ANSWER.  Nop the SDRAM it is the only place where the CSI sensor module can have the info, but you can move from the SD to SDRAM
  • What is the time to wake up to execute code from the different sleep states? Assuming the code is being executed from 1. RAM and 2. needs to be retrived from a QSPI flash chip.
  • ANSWER. I do not have a time to provide, but it would be faster from the RAM.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Prithvi,

• What's the tentative schedule for the release of the A1 version of 1052? Does it make sense to start working with the A0 version or is it better to wait for the A1?  ANSWER. We do not have a tentative date yet.  A0 it is a functional device and you can start designing with it.
  • There is the camera application where SDRAM is used as a buffer. Would it be possible to use the SD Card as the buffer instead? This will remove the need to have an expensive SDRAM in the system.  ANSWER.  Nop the SDRAM it is the only place where the CSI sensor module can have the info, but you can move from the SD to SDRAM
  • ANSWER. I do not have a time to provide, but it would be faster from the RAM.
0 Kudos
mariocenteno
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Rev A1 samples will be available in March with production at the end of April.

Thanks,

Mario

Sent from my iMario