i.mx7 solo debugging

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx7 solo debugging

cyuk
Contributor I

I have created what I assume is a copy of the Sabre board functionality regarding JTAG, XTAL, POWER etc.

However, I use the i.mx7 solo CPU (12x12 mm package).

When using the Segger J-link Commander, I can read out the chip ID etc., so the JTAG works. I have measured the XTAL is running at 24 MHz. All voltages are as expected.

The problem is, that I cannot halt the processor. I find the support for the solo processor to be very limited and I regret I used it for the prototype. I am not sure if it is a script-problem as the j-link debugger does not have solo support. I am trying to halt the processor by selecting one of the dual core devices.

I have also tried to program the board from IAR embedded workbench, which supports solo processor, but the programming fails (cannot read register 15).

I have no idea what to do next. Any help will be appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ulrik

this may be script-problem as it may check chip id and not work with

another processor. May be recommended to apply for help to vendor of

this IDE product : IAR Support 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

cyuk
Contributor I

Hi, I have contacted IAR now. But the problem occures already with the jlink commander, so basically the IDE cannot be the (only) problem. Segger has told me to select the "unspesified A7 cortex" device, because the solo chip has only one core and no internal flash. Therefore they meant that a script file was not necessary at all. Anyway, the error remains "CPU cannot be halted".

0 Kudos