cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6 HAB problem

melonsis
Contributor I

Dear all,

I have just programmed the fuses on my board to enable the HAB mode, but it cannot boot now. There is nothing displaying in my HyperTerminal, and when I trying to use mfgtools to re-burn it, it got stuck during the stage "Jumping to OS image".

Is that because I programmed wrong data to fuses?Or I need to switch a boot mode to support HAB mode?

Best wishes,

Chang Tan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

It is needed to use U-boot and kernel also signed to run them with MFG under

HAB. Let me remind, the fuses are once burned. Have You seen any HAB messages

before "closing" the device ?

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

melonsis
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

Thank you for your reply!

I followed the document IMX6HABUG , signed the u-boot.imx and got the u-boot-sigend-pad.imx, then burn it into the board. Then, I followed the document AN4581, programmed the fuses (use hexdump to display my fuse value and use fuse -prog to program it) . Before I programmed "fuse prog 0 6 0x2", which wrote in chapter 3.9 in AN4581, the board can be boot normally.

BTW:I haven't see anything before closing the device.

Best wishes,

Chang Tan

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have You tried  U-boot 'hab_status'  command before "fuse prog 0 6 0x2",

as described in section 3.8. (Verify HAB successfully authenticates the signed image)

of AN4581. Is it possible to look at that log ?

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

melonsis
Contributor I

Yes, I have tried, but unfortunately I haven't save the log. I can only remember that it says "secure boot is disabled" with 5 HAB event.

0 Kudos