cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8DualXPlus QSPI & OSPI Flash Boot Configuration:

bimal
Contributor III

In continuation with thread,

https://community.nxp.com/message/1313545?commentID=1313545&et=watches.email.thread#comment-1313545

I have a separate question as below:

1) FlexSPI Parallel Mode is for Octal Flash right? Correct me if i am having wrong understanding.

2) Was not able to find the boot configuration changes that has to be done to change the boot from eMMC to QSPI and QSPI Flash to Octal Flash.

Didn't got details to change the boot configuration from QSPI Flash to Octal Flash or vice-versa. Can you please provide some example or reference for the same.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bimal

>1) FlexSPI Parallel Mode is for Octal Flash right?

right.

2) Was not able to find the boot configuration changes that has to be done to change the

>boot from eMMC to QSPI and QSPI Flash to Octal Flash.

please refer to Table 5-15. Expansion Device eFUSE Configuration,

sect.5.8.3 FlexSPI serial flash memory boot

i.MX 8DualXPlus/8QuadXPlus Applications Processor Reference Manual

>Didn't got details to change the boot configuration from QSPI Flash to Octal Flash or vice-versa.

>Can you please provide some example or reference for the same.

example was sent via mail.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos