i.MX7D Boundary Scan

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX7D Boundary Scan

ericschumann
Contributor I

We are trying to get boundary scan to work with Cascon on our phyCORE-i.MX7D SOM. According to the Hardware Development Guide, Table 8:

“5. If boundary scan test (BSDL) will be used, the following supplies must be powered: PCIE_VP, PCIE_VPH, PCIE_VPTX. The boundary scan test scan chain runs through the PCIe PHY. If the PCIe PHY supplies are not powered, the scan chain will not function.”

See the corresponding connections in our schematic below:

pastedImage_1.png

For some reason, our scan chain is having issues. We are following the compliance pattern detailed in the hardware development guide (setting JTAG_MOD pin high, releasing POR_B) and have also tested with and without a PCIe device connected in u-boot and Linux, but in all cases the test byte that we shift into TDI is not read out of TDO correctly.

We can turn on the VDDD_1V0_CAP rail by doing a register write in u-boot to 0x30360210, but we have not found a way to turn on VDDA_PHY_1P8 without booting into Linux with a PCIe device connected. Do you know if there's a way to do this?

Do you have any idea what might be going wrong with our scan chain?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

is it possible to create request (ticket) ?

Sales and Support|NXP 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

Rodrigue
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eric,

Your BSDL File is from may last year and seems up to date.

What about PCIE_VP_TX, PCIE_VP_RX: must be at 1.0V too. And PCIE_VPH_TX, PCIE_VPH_RX @ 1.8V

kind regards,

Rodrigue

0 Kudos