i.MX6 Hardware Design - wall comments

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 Hardware Design - wall comments

NicolasIzquierd
Contributor III

Group mainly to discuss i.MX6 Family Hardware Issues.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

ZoltanBaranyai
Contributor I

Hi Guys,

Have you any information about NAND FLASH interface? I readed in the feature: IM6 can work with  8-bit NAND-Flash, including support for Raw MLC/SLC. But on other place I readed about pin multiplexing and I see there: the raw NAND can work 16-bit NAND when I configure SD4 pins for NAND. So Anybody has information about what kind of bit with (8-bit or 16-bit) can work with MX6?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

NicolasIzquierd
Contributor III

Hi Zoltan,

In the i.Mx6 only support 8 bits NAND Flash, the reference manual is under modification.

0 Kudos

PradapRaj
Contributor III

Hi,

We have tested i.MX6 with both 8bit NAND Flash and 16bit NAND Flash. No issues found till.

0 Kudos

NicolasIzquierd
Contributor III

Thanks for the feedback PradapRaj,

The Module is ready to use the 16 bits but no longer supported, I'm investigating the full history make a post into the group.

Best Regards

0 Kudos

PradapRaj
Contributor III

Just not to miss out the truth, We have tested both 8bit and 16bit NAND flash with i.MX6 custom platform. But we have tested the i.MX6 NAND boot with only 8bit device and not with 16bit device.

0 Kudos

NicolasIzquierd
Contributor III

Hi Wilson, 

That can be done using the PWRON_CFG via OTP you will need to see the configuration in the Reference Manual of PFUZE pmic.

Nicolas 

0 Kudos

XiaoPong
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

By default setting, SabreSD is powered up once plug-in adopter. Is there any way we can change it to pressing power switch (SW1)? Thanks.

0 Kudos

fei_liu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Low time press(>5s) SW1 will shut down the powers, i'ts just like mobile phone long time pressing power down.

SD is designed as auto powering on, doesn't support power on with button. If you want to try this function, you should add some circuit.

0 Kudos