Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 Booting from NAND

Jump to solution
madhusoodanabai
Contributor II

Hi,

We are using i.MX6 quad processor (PCIMX6Q6AVT10AA) in our design. We are trying to boot the processor from NAND (datasheet attached) & currently we are not able to achieve it. The iMX6 boot configuration pins' status & the schematics of NAND interface with processor are attached for reference.

With Regards,

Madhusoodana Bairy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JerryFan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

After boot failure, please connect the OTG on the board to the PC, if a new HID device can be found, the ROM code enter serial download mode which mean some error occurred in the booting process.

Then please attach the board with any JTAG debugger, such as RV-ICE or Lauterbach and dump 0x907400, you should see your IVT header here if the NAND access is ok.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
aurelienbouin
Contributor IV

Hello,

Is there any pull up or pull down require between the iMX6 and the NAND flash ? is there somewhere in the documentation something about the NAND connection with the iMX6 ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
JerryFan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

A easy way to tell the boot configuration right or not is that to probe the nand bus, if the configuration is right, at least, some activty can be found on the bus. Then please check the page size, etc.

0 Kudos
madhusoodanabai
Contributor II

Hi Chongbin Fan,

I have probed the NAND bus & able to see pulses on NAND data lines, but booting is not happening.

I am using page size of 2 Kilo Bytes. Datasheet of the NAND chip used is attached with this mail.

With Regards,

Madhusoodana Bairy

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:34 PM

To: Madhusoodana Bairy

Subject: Re: - i.MX6 Booting from NAND

Freescale Community

i.MX6 Booting from NAND

created by Chongbin Fan in i.MX Community - View the full discussion

0 Kudos
JerryFan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

After boot failure, please connect the OTG on the board to the PC, if a new HID device can be found, the ROM code enter serial download mode which mean some error occurred in the booting process.

Then please attach the board with any JTAG debugger, such as RV-ICE or Lauterbach and dump 0x907400, you should see your IVT header here if the NAND access is ok.

0 Kudos
NicolasIzquierd
Contributor III

Hi,

Do you have a way to test an 8Bit nand flash?, all as I know 16 bit are no longer supported in imx6 platform, and the RM system boot does not have how to configure the 16 bit option.

-ni.

0 Kudos