i.MX53 expansion header data line control

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX53 expansion header data line control

Joey
Contributor I

Hey guys, I am interfacing several LCDs to the i.mx53 quick start board via a custom daughter board utilizing the expansion header.  I can get 2 of the 3 LCDs to work perfect, however the last one has some color skewing.  I believe the problem stems from the fact that the display data lines on the LCD side need to be bit shifted.

The expansion port connector pins 108-62 correspond to Display Data 23 - Display Data 00, 8 bits each RGB.  Both of the LCDs that are working properly are 24 bit color.  The problem LCD is 18 bit color as the RGB mapping does not seem correct.  

Rather than cut and jumper those 18 tiny connections, does anyone know if this can be fixed in software--either at the command line level or even with a special build of the kernel that modifies the mapping either between the ipu and the pads or between the framebuffer and the ipu?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Joey

0 Kudos
3 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Joe

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Joey

We have not got your response yet and will close the diacussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Joey

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow to resolved the

issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need Freescale help, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos