cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX28 FEC Testing

jkuz
Contributor II

Hi,

I have been doing some network testing on an i.MX28 running 2.6.35_maintain kernel.

It seems that even on a point-to-point connection, there are many TCP re-transmissions from the host PC, and occasionally duplicate ACKs from the i.MX. Using Wireshark to monitor traffic, it will also give warnings that the receiver (i.MX) TCP window is full.

This seems to indicate that the i.MX is not handling packets fast enough. Is this an issue that has been seen and addressed before? Any help is appreciated.

Some other details:

Testing done with iperf3

i.MX on eth0 – hardware based on EVK design

2.6.35_maintain kernel

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jason,

Kernel 2.6.35 is no longer supported. I suggest you to try a recent kernel on mx28, such as 4.15.

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check if the hardware (cable, etc) is OK.
Also please note that i.MX series are more multimedia than networking processors.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos