i.MX28 Altium Files

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX28 Altium Files

mfeinstein
Contributor II

I am starting a new project in Altium Designer 14 using the i.MX280 MPU, does anyone has this MPU files so I can avoid spending a lot of time making an Altium librabry?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
14 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You may just try to import the .dsn file.

~Yuri.

0 Kudos

mfeinstein
Contributor II

Which .DSN file? The one in the Reference Design?

I never made it before, if I had to bet I would say it's just the schematic of the Reference Board, but it doesn't include the MPU library....but that's just my guess...if that's the case, if Freescale has the .DSN it surely has the MPU as a library part...can you share it with me so I can try to import it?

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I do not have Altium 14, but Altuim 09 has option File -> Import Wizard,

which may be used to import OrCad project *.dsn of the

i.MX28 EVK.

~Yuri.

mfeinstein
Contributor II

I will try it tomorrow and I tell you how it goes...I am pretty sure it has the import option too

0 Kudos

mfeinstein
Contributor II

Ok, I couldn't resist to do the test now.....It imports the schematics but I can't edit the MPU, it's locked like it's a figure, but I believe if it was a library component it will work...can you forward me the library component?

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The enclosed is i.MX28 OrCad symbol.

Also the following may be helpful :

http://techdocs.altium.com/display/ADOH/Moving+to+Altium+Designer+From+OrCAD

http://techdocs.altium.com/display/ADOH/Importing+and+Exporting+Design+Files

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mfeinstein
Contributor II

Hi Yuri,

I can't import it, it says the file isn't being recognized...but I found this thread iMX6 Solo/DualLite processor schematic/PCB symbol , so can you please convert it for me to OrCAD 16.2 format?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please try the enclosed.
Also, in order to get symbol from .dsn file, You may try the following :

Allocate a necessary element.

From the contextual menu choose EditPart.

The window of editing of an element will open.

In the menu choose View-> Package.

There will be a window with the packing information of an element.

Further choose File-> Save as... Also set a name of a new element and

library where wish to keep an element.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

mfeinstein
Contributor II

Hi Yuri,

After some days I was able to try to open it in OrCAD. I did as you say, I went to "Edit Part" and "View-> Package", but trying to select "Show Footprint" says there was an error and it could not retrieve the Footprint property, is this expected?

Also I can't import it in Altium. I see I can save the library as a version 16.2 OrCAD library file, but I guess the part inside the library is still in version 16.6. I tried all your files and all the options that I could find at Altium (just one that requires a database file that I didn't try since I don't have a database for any of these projects. Do you have any ideas left? If that's all, so I guess I will just go and make the Altium part myself......

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I tried to import the .dsn and the .olb to Altium 9.

You may look at the enclosed results.

~Yuri

0 Kudos

bfac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yuri,

Could you also help us creating files to be imported into Altium from the iMX28 board PCB layout?

The files attached on your comment helped a lot, but only have the schematics.

Thanks!

Bruno

0 Kudos

mfeinstein
Contributor II

Hi Bruno,

You can get the gerbers in here and other PCB files: i.MX28 Evaluation Kit|Freescale , I was able to import the PCB project with Altium.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the package from FSL web contains "mx28_evk_revD.alg" - looks like this is what needed.

~Yuri.

0 Kudos

mfeinstein
Contributor II

Thanks Yuri, that helps a LOT!

I can now open the library at Altium 14, but it comes with no footprint, do you think you can also embedeed the footprint and maybe the IBIS and other files inside it?

For the sake of completeness, this are my results:

1 - The "Imported Orcad Libraries.LIBPKG.7z.zip" comes with i.MX28 schematic parts, but with no footprint.

2 - The " Imported IMX28_EVK_REVD_SCH_1.PRJPCB.7z.zip " comes with the schematics of the IMX28_EVK and it appears to have a footprint reference but it's only a name, there is no footprint there.

3 - and the "IMX28_EVK_REVD_SCH_16_2.DSN.zip" has the orcad DSN which I can import now myself and it becomes the same as the two other files, with all the schematics libraries of all the parts in the EVK project...but again with no footprints.

Once I have everything perfect in Altium I will share the library in here so other people might benefit.

0 Kudos