cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to dissable ttyUSB0 loopback

snirnisim
Contributor III

hello every one,

i've connected an arduino1280 board using usb to the QSB.

i've check the FTDI driver which is needed for the arduino board to recognized as serial port and that works fine.

i've also compiled my progrem to the board.

my env vars has been set like this:

setenv bootcmd_obds 'ext2load mmc 0:1 0x70800000 /unit_tests/obds.bin; go 70800000'

setenv bootargs_base 'setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200'

setenv bootargs_nfs 'setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/nfs ip=10.0.0.1 nfsroot=${serverip}:${nfsroot},v3,tcp'

setenv bootcmd_net 'run bootargs_base bootargs_nfs; tftpboot ${loadaddr} ${kernel}; bootm'

setenv bootargs_mmc 'set bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait'

setenv bootcmd_mmc 'run bootargs_base bootargs_nfs bootargs_mmc; mmc dev 0; mmc read ${loadaddr} 0x800 0x2076; bootm'

setenv bootcmd 'run bootcmd_mmc'

saveenv

the problem is that whenever the arduino board is sending a message it automatic loops back instead of being read() by the progrem.

the oposite way works just fine (the progrem sends with write() command to the arduino).

it seems that the usb acting as a output channel and loopback for input.

how to i make it to work in full duplex?

the arduino is just a developing platform for atmel's atmega1280 and it's using FTDI usb to serial converter (as i mentioned, i've added this driver to the kernel config...)

thanks,

snir

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

snirnisim
Contributor III

i think it is something with the SIGIO thing...

i'm attaching SIGIO to the port so i can read in a thread is there something special needed when using SIGIO's? for the tread i've linked pthread in eclipse...

0 Kudos

snirnisim
Contributor III

well i'll try to explain myself a little bit more...

i'm viewing the terminal using serial port and hyperteminal.

the program runs with no problems on ubuntu PC but when i tries to run it (after compiling correctly) on the qsb with the usb serial device (arduino) connected to it i'm being able to get messages to the arduino using the write command in my code but when i'm trying to get data that is being transmited from the arduino to the ftdi serial port ttyUSB0 i'm getting the message back (that's destroys my communication flow..).

what i'm actually trying to do is send a message from serial port to a program.

please help me asap...

thanks in advanced,

snir

0 Kudos