Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gst-fsl-plugin 3.0.8 and Ltib

Jump to solution
ieio
Contributor IV

Hi all,

I found here (FSL Community BSP Release Notes 1.5 documentation) that gst-fsl-plugin latest version is 3.0.8.

I am using ltib 3.0.35 and I am wondering if (updating properly the specs) I could use gst-fsl-plugin 3.0.8 and where I can find it.

Thanks in advance.

d.

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

it´s not a stupid question. In fact, you cannot download only the package itself, because it´s part of a release, and you would need to install the imx6 release, and ....

but, take a look at this line of code: http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/conf/layer.conf#n14

why did I think you had been using imx28? I don´t know....

View solution in original post

7 Replies
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, if you update the spec files properly, and you download manually the tarball you can get it running in LTIB, I think. You may face some toolchain issue, but I think you probably can get it working.

And, only for testing, you can download a pre-built image in order to see what´s the latest MM looks like at Public images - fsl-community-bsp/daisy/12/x11/imx28evk

Download this file: fsl-image-machine-test-imx28evk-20140523-12.rootfs.sdcard

And you copy it to an sdcard with:

$ sudo dd if= fsl-image-machine-test-imx28evk-20140523-12.rootfs.sdcard  of=/dev/sdX

(in the image I sent to you, the MM version is 3.0.10)

ieio
Contributor IV

Many thanks,

I guess I could try imx6 images (Public images - fsl-community-bsp/daisy/12/directfb/imx6solosabresd) as well.

Just a stupid question, where I can manually download a gst-fsl-plugin > 3.0.8 tarball from? Should I build a Yocto image to get the tarball?

i. 

0 Kudos
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

it´s not a stupid question. In fact, you cannot download only the package itself, because it´s part of a release, and you would need to install the imx6 release, and ....

but, take a look at this line of code: http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/conf/layer.conf#n14

why did I think you had been using imx28? I don´t know....

ieio
Contributor IV

Thanks....

it sounds strange that gst-fsl-plugins-3.08 actually is gst-fsl-plugins-3.5.7-1.0.0 (see [meta-fsl-arm,06/15] gst-fsl-plugin: Update to 3.0.8 release - Patchwork).

Anyway, manually, downloading gst-fsl-plugins-3.5.7-1.0.0 and changing properly the spec, it compiles in LTIB.

0 Kudos
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

well, i´m not the one who determinate the names of the packages! I agree with you it´s weird. And I´m happy you got it :smileygrin:

You know we are now at 3.0.11, right? http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gst-fsl-plu...

Only double checking....

ieio
Contributor IV

I didn't know.

Thanks for that. I found it on FSL_MIRROR, and this time it seems that the recipe name matches the package name. I will try to build it with LTIB. I noticed there several changes comparing with gst-fsl-plugins-3.5.7-1.0.0.

I was not able to find release notes inside the pkg, I was used to read the pdf files in docs directory, but now there is just eula.txt there, any hints about where to look for?

0 Kudos
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hummmmm

there is, for most MM releases, a MM release notes you can download from freescale.com/imx page.

But, please, don´t ask more regarding this topic. There is only one answer: all the work is already done in yocto. And I don´t want to say to you what rootfs builder to use.

0 Kudos