cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

git clone error from git.freescale.com

tony20095
Contributor I

Hi all,

I'm trying to pull the baseline code for the sabresd board from the git.freescale.com server as described in the "i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide". The connection to the server times out if I use repo init or git clone. Is there an issue with the server or am I doing something wrong?

USING REPO INIT:

repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-4.1-krogoth
fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer
fatal: cannot obtain manifest git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git
USING GIT CLONE:
git clone git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git
Cloning into 'fsl-arm-yocto-bsp'...
Any ideas??
Thanks
Tony
Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tony,

please note that for one or the other reason the GIT server is sometimes not reachable, but you still have the option to download the source code from Freescale Public GIT  (http://git.freescale.com/git/) and then build it. If you have the need for various builds based on the same release, then it's useful to download all sources one time and base the following builds then on (a copy of) the local sources:

$ bitbake -c fetchall target

In Yocto Project Development Manual (http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.0/dev-manual/dev-manual.html) in chapter 5.15 you find some more information.

On the other hand, verify that you have internet connection and you may contact your system administrator because if you are using firewalls or porxy server this may avoid conenction.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos