cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dhcp

niklasmolin
Senior Contributor I

Hi.

I'm trying to configure dhcp on i.MX6 (built in Yocto).

It seems like if I have interface set to DHCP and there is no network connection, it tries a few times, but then stops.

Is there a way to configure this to continue to try or to have a fallback static address, like there is in Ubuntu (dhclient.conf using static leases if there is a timeout)?

Thanks,

Niklas

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Niklas,

Can you please describe the network scenario where you are trying to connect the board?, Are you using a Router or Switch to provide the IP address or it is a server? do you have any segmentation  or any other filter that not allow to have the DHCP request that not came into the network?.  Do you set the MAC Address of the boarD?  If you set the IP static address always works?.

The BSP does not have something like the dhclient.conf, but it can be done usign the same packages that contains ubuntu. But this need to be done at Uboot.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos