compile menuconfig error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compile menuconfig error

Jump to solution
Contributor II

here is my log . i do it like https://community.nxp.com/message/895697?commentID=895697   . i have installed  ncurses-dev  , but still failed .  can u give me some suggestions to solve this problem?

liufeng@bluemedical:~/imx8/fsl-release-yocto/build$ bitbake -c menuconfig virtual/kernel
WARNING: Host distribution "ubuntu-18.04" has not been validated with this version of the build system; you may possibly experience unexpected failures. It is recommended that you use a tested distribution.
Loading cache: 100% |############################################| Time: 0:00:00
Loaded 3264 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes: 100% |##########################################| Time: 0:00:01
Parsing of 2427 .bb files complete (2423 cached, 4 parsed). 3268 targets, 212 skipped, 8 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION           = "1.36.0"
BUILD_SYS            = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING      = "ubuntu-18.04"
TARGET_SYS           = "aarch64-poky-linux"
MACHINE              = "imx8mqevk"
DISTRO               = "fsl-imx-xwayland"
DISTRO_VERSION       = "4.9.88-2.0.0"
TUNE_FEATURES        = "aarch64"
TARGET_FPU           = ""
meta                 
meta-poky            
meta-oe              
meta-multimedia      
meta-freescale       
meta-freescale-3rdparty
meta-freescale-distro
meta-bsp             
meta-sdk             
meta-browser         
meta-gnome           
meta-networking      
meta-python          
meta-filesystems     
meta-qt5             = "master:3554cab7c2cf1634b7160896260ddba77a1ac29c"

Initialising tasks: 100% |#######################################| Time: 0:00:00
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
ERROR: linux-imx-4.9.88-r0 do_menuconfig: Unable to spawn terminal auto: Execution of '/home/liufeng/imx8/fsl-release-yocto/sources/poky/scripts/oe-gnome-terminal-phonehome /tmp/tmpuj10tgue /home/liufeng/imx8/fsl-release-yocto/build/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.9.88-r0/temp/run.do_terminal.25362' failed with exit code 10:
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
Unable to init server: 无法连接: 拒绝连接
Failed to parse arguments: 无法打开显示:

ERROR: linux-imx-4.9.88-r0 do_menuconfig: Function failed: do_menuconfig
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/liufeng/imx8/fsl-release-yocto/build/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.9.88-r0/temp/log.do_menuconfig.25362
ERROR: Task (/home/liufeng/imx8/fsl-release-yocto/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_4.9.88.bb:do_menuconfig) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 294 tasks of which 293 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
  /home/liufeng/imx8/fsl-release-yocto/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_4.9.88.bb:do_menuconfig
Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Liu Feng,

Are you using Ubuntu’s GUI? It looks like the problem is that the menuconfig window cannot be opened. Also, have you installed the required packages?

Please make sure you have the Yocto required packages:

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.1/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#required-packages-for-the-host-deve...

And the i.MX required packages:

$ sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2-dev xterm sed cvs subversion coreutils texi2html \

docbook-utils python-pysqlite2 help2man make gcc g++ desktop-file-utils \

libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev mercurial autoconf automake groff curl lzop asciidoc

I hope this helps!
Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Liu Feng,

Are you using Ubuntu’s GUI? It looks like the problem is that the menuconfig window cannot be opened. Also, have you installed the required packages?

Please make sure you have the Yocto required packages:

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.1/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#required-packages-for-the-host-deve...

And the i.MX required packages:

$ sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2-dev xterm sed cvs subversion coreutils texi2html \

docbook-utils python-pysqlite2 help2man make gcc g++ desktop-file-utils \

libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev mercurial autoconf automake groff curl lzop asciidoc

I hope this helps!
Regards,

Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.

I find the solution .  I changed user after login . so I have no permission to open the window .

regards.

0 Kudos