cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clock settings failed in linux-imx 3.14.28

sharvari
Contributor I

Hello all,

I am facing issue with linux-imx 3.14.28 kernel. I have a imx6solo sabre auto based board.

When I flash the kernel generated from Yocto (meta-fsl-arm), it gives the following error

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NR_IRQS:16 nr_irqs:16 16

L310 cache controller enabled

l2x0: 16 ways, CACHE_ID 0x410000c8, AUX_CTRL 0x32050000, Cache size: 512 kB

failed to set parent of clk gpu2d_core_sel to pll2_pfd1_594m: -22

Switching to timer-based delay loop

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What exactly can be the cause of this error? and how does this affects the working of board.

-Thanks

Sharvari Harisangam.

Labels (4)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sharvari

probably used wrong configuration, since imx6dl.dtsi has not pll2_pfd1

as clock source. One can recheck attached Linux Guide sect.5 Enabling Solo

Emulation.

It does not affect the working board if gpu is not used.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

sharvari
Contributor I

Hello Igor,

My custom board specific dts does not contain any entries regarding clocks or gpu. I am including the imx6dl.dtsi.

and the error is from the file arch/arm/mach-imx/clk-imx6q.c.

So what configurations can cause such error? Also in the above file , i see while setting the clock parent , it is not checking for any condition other than  cpu_is_imx6dl().

I could see similar question on community

Linux 3.14.28 for i.MX6S: Error in imx6q_clocks_init

-Thanks

Sharvari Harisangam

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sharvari

could you try to change

imx_clk_set_parent(clk[IMX6QDL_CLK_GPU2D_CORE_SEL], clk[IMX6QDL_CLK_PLL2_PFD1_594M]); -->

clk[IMX6QDL_CLK_PLL2_PFD0_352M]

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos