Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chown problem on yocto recipe db_6.0.30

Jump to solution
LPs
Contributor III

Hi all,

I downloaded fsl-release-bsp 3.14 patch from repo.

I'm trying to bild core-image-minimal, but the process do_install of db_6..30.bb recipe because of the recipe try to chown directories.

The process stops and gives me hundreds of errors that chown fails to change permissions.

The error, as far as I know, is correct because of bitbake has to be launched as normal user, not as root. Then chown cannot be performed.

Am I missing something???

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
LPs
Contributor III

At the end it was permission on ..../sources/poky/meta/bitbake/bin files and ..../sources/poky/scripts.

I don't know why, but all files was downloaded from repo with r--r--r-- permission.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ajithpv
Contributor V

Hi LPs​,

Could you please change the typo "chwon" to chown in your heading? This will helpful for other users to reach your post while searching in the community.

Cheers,

Ajith P V

0 Kudos
LPs
Contributor III

I edited.

LPs
Contributor III

At the end it was permission on ..../sources/poky/meta/bitbake/bin files and ..../sources/poky/scripts.

I don't know why, but all files was downloaded from repo with r--r--r-- permission.

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for updating on this issue. I’m sure it will help other community users.

I’ve also seen this happened to some other people but I don’t know the root cause. I think they just used chown over the whole BSP directory.

chown -R user.user fsl-release-bsp

0 Kudos
vishnukumar
Contributor I

Its better to user userid instead of username,

chown -R 1000:1000 /path

0 Kudos
LPs
Contributor III

I don't know the real cause. I importend sources dir from a pre setup svn repository created on a remote server.

Maybe something that belongs to users from different computers.

0 Kudos