cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

boot animation is not working

sachusanal
Contributor III

Hai Sir ,

I tried to set bootanimation on my android lolipop image on IMX6qsabresd board.

these are the stpes which i followed for setting boot animation .let me know if any mistake i did,

no change is occured in my board.

15 How do I customize the boot animation?

The user can create his/her own boot animation for his/her device.

The Android platform provides an easy way to replace its default boot animation by putting bootanimation.zip file into /

system/media/.

To create your own bootanimation .zip file, see How To Change, Customize, and Create Android Boot Animation.

• How to install the boot animation

• On the host, use ADB to download the bootanimation.zip file into the device, for example:

$ adb push ~/Downloads/bootanimation.zip /mnt/sdcard

• On the device, remount the /system to writable, and copy the file:

$ mount -t ext4 -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system

$ busybox cp /mnt/sdcard/bootanimation.zip /system/media/

$ mount -t ext4 -o ro,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system

regards

Sachu

Labels (1)
8 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sachu Sanal,

Have you replaced the bootanimation.zip on your Android image? Is the same animation being shown or is no animation being displayed? If system/media didn't worked you may also try data/local or system/customize/resource. I will load an Android image on the Sabre to check the default location on the latest versions as I understand it has varied a bit depending on the Android releases.

I would also review the format of the bootanimation. The animation is always inside a zip file a series of enumerated PNG images and a text file stating how these are to be displayed. There are some useful tools available online. If the text file is not correctly made the animation may not show.

0 Kudos

sachusanal
Contributor III

Hai gusarambula ,

actually in my system/media  location don't have bootanimation.zip file to replace that one.

I put the created bootanimation zip file in /system/media and /data/local but there is no change in the boot screens.

there is no chnage in the bootanimation screens.I here by attach the screens which loading at the time of kernel , bootloader and file systme.

could you please help me to change the bootanimation

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sachu Sanal,

I setup an image in order to test this and you can indeed replace the boot animation by placing the bootanimation.zip file (provided that it does have the correct format) on the /system/media folder.

There should not be any animation there, at least in NXP’s Lollipop BSP, but the system looks for a boot animation there and grants it precedence over the default animation. Please try moving the boot animation to that location and let us know if you have problems making it work.

0 Kudos

sachusanal
Contributor III

Hai gusarambula,

by following below stpes it worked. but now i am facing what problem means i have created bootanimation.zip folder is not working i downloaded boot animation.zip folder is owrking . I dont't no what misatake i did while creating the bootanimation.zip folder ? i here by attach the procedure which i used to create bootanimation zip file could you please look at that one and let me know if any speciality is required for the image

please help me to solve this issue.

• On the host, use ADB to download the bootanimation.zip file into the device, for example:

$ adb push ~/Downloads/bootanimation.zip /mnt/sdcard

• On the device, I login as root by editing the bootparams

With above settings, the Android platform does not start the shell console. It enables the default Android selinux and

dm_verity security features, which restrict users to change the system and detect the system's information. To avoid this,

"androidboot.selinux=disabled" and "androidboot.dm_verity=disabled" need to be appended to the U-Boot's bootargs. Boot

environment variables are as follows:

U-Boot > setenv bootcmd booti mmc2

U-Boot > setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,bpp=32

video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off vmalloc=400M androidboot.console=ttymxc0

consoleblank=0 androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=384M androidboot.selinux=disabled

1. androidboot.dm_verity=disabled

U-Boot > saveenv

Then do the following stpes

remount the /system to writable, and copy the file:

$ mount -o remount -w /system

$ busybox cp /mnt/sdcard/bootanimation.zip /system/media/

$chmod 777 /system/media/ bootanimation.zip

$ busybox cp /mnt/sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local

$chmod 777 /system/media/ bootanimation.zip

$ mount -o remount -r /system

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sachu Sanal,

The steps look correct. You may also use adb root on a userdebug image to copy the bootanimation.zip, but the workaround seems also correct.

As for the bootanimation.zip file itself the document you attached does comply with the requirements. I would check that all the steps were followed and that the .zip file has no compression and it’s just at “store”.

Another option is to use a bootanimation.zip maker. There is a couple on the web. I haven’t personally tired these but these may help. You can also download a bootanimation.zip from somewhere and use it as template.

0 Kudos

manjunathjoshi
Contributor V

Hello gusarambula,

I am trying a similar thing, but using an USB. I am unable to see any boot animation after i have copied with the above steps.

Am i doing anything wrong??

Regards,

Manju

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Manju,

There are many variables and there are small changes from version to version. But maybe the following document based on Lollipop may help:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-330208

Regards,

manjunathjoshi
Contributor V

Hi Gusarambula,

Thanks a lot. I tried with the bootanimation.zip you have attached and it worked. Then i understood it is something to do with how i was editing in windows.

So i switched to bootanimation factory tool with custom images. Now it is working.

Thanks again.

With best regards,

Manju