cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto i.MX6 Linux Kernel git clone fail

frk
Contributor III

Hello all,

I'm trying to build i.MX6 fsl-image-qt5 image and Yocto always fail during the fetch step.

Git repository seems to be unreachable.

The yocto output :

WARNING: linux-imx-4.1.15-r0 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-imx.git;protocol=git;branch=imx_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga, attempting MIRRO RS if available
ERROR: linux-imx-4.1.15-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
Cloning into bare repository '/home/bsp-imx6/fsl-release-bsp/downloads//git2/git.freescale.com.imx.linux-imx.git'...
fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

ERROR: linux-imx-4.1.15-r0 do_fetch: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-imx.git;protocol=git;branch=imx_4.1.15_2.0.0 _ga'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/bsp-imx6/fsl-release-bsp/build-fb/tmp/work/imx6dlsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/4.1.15-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.2 9470
ERROR: Task 50 (/home/bsp-imx6/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_4.1.15.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 5632 tasks of which 3965 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
No currently running tasks (5632 of 5838)

Summary: 1 task failed:
/home/bsp-imx6/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_4.1.15.bb, do_fetch

Is there any other git repository available?

Best regards

32 Replies

frk
Contributor III

Hi,

Just tried to git clone the repository and it fails à 63%.

Seems that freescale git server no to be reliable :smileysad:

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Frederic,

Would you please share with me the commands you're using? I'd like to try to reproduce this error as the 4.1.15 BSP seems to be working correctly.

I'm testing with:

$ cd fsl-release-bsp
$ repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-4.1.15-1.0.0_ga
$ repo sync

Regards,

0 Kudos

frk
Contributor III

Hi,

the repo sync step worked when i've tried it but not the "bitbake fetchall fsl-image-qt5".

I've tried several time "git clone git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-imx.git" without any succes.

The connection ends before the data transfer is finished.

The solution i've found was to copy the linux-imx download i've done several weeks ago on my new computer even if i would have prefered to use a clean fetch from the Internet

frk
Contributor III

git clone worked fine for me this morning. (y)

frk
Contributor III

Thanks for your support gusarambula.

fetchall fails with git.freescale.com

I'll try later if git repositories works intermittenlty.

I'll keep you in touch.

Best regards,

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kwiatkowski Frederic,

I’ve seen some people having problems with the git repositories lately buy always intermittently. Have you tried baking again?

I tested the 4.1.15 BSP and it seems it’s working fine right now. Please test it again. You may want to force fetch the source code first and then bake the image later to make sure the source code is downloaded before the building process.

$ bitbake <image_or_recipe> -c fetchall

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

djoygaurav
Contributor II

Hi Gusarambula,

I am also facing the same error. But I was just wondering if this could be coz of Proxy also. Kindly let me know if working behind proxy gateway also does affect fetching this link. If yes, what do I have to do to make it work. Kindly help!!

Gaurav Kumar

0 Kudos

djoygaurav
Contributor II

gusarambula‌ kindly look into the issue..

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Gaurav Kumar,

Working under a proxy does affect git and Yocto (as bitbake needs to fetch source code on real time).

There is some documentation regarding this as part of the Yocto Project, perhaps it may be of help:

Working Behind a Network Proxy - Yocto Project 

Regards,

djoygaurav
Contributor II

gusarambula‌ Thank You for your quick response Gusarambula. But I am sorry to say that these all settings I have already done and still facing the same issue. Along with these settings, I made ~/.curlrc as well for proxy settings. Is there anything else I am required to do to make my bitbake fetch kernel and u-boot? Should I try changing their SRC_URI somewhere?? Kindly help!!

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your proxy. Changing SRC_URI wouldn't help as chances are you are not being able to fetch from any servers. You would need to make sure that the protocols can reach the servers and it would vary from proxy to proxy. If you can contact your network administrator I would recommend you requested help with this.

djoygaurav
Contributor II

Thanks Gusarambula, I did it the something else, and for everyone facing the same problem, I am narrating:

I read somewhere that when bitbake fetches these files, it places them into the "downloads" directory. So with my understanding, I directly cloned both linux-imx and u-boot using

$ git clone <cloning-link>

and did put it into the "downloads" directory. Once I did it, linux-imx as well as u-boot, both got compiled and errors vanished. gusarambula Kindly correct me if this was not the correct step I should have taken.

0 Kudos