cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XEN Support Android Automotive OS for iMX8QM MEK

nevozade
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am working on the imx8qm platform, and I downloaded Android Automotive OS 12.0.0_2.1.0 prebuilt image for this board. After that, I wrote the image with the "sudo ./uuu_imx_android_flash.sh -f imx8qm -u xen -d xen -e -y imx-full-image.wic" command which I wrote my image before in Android Automotive OS 10.0.0_2.1.0 successfully. 

But when the image is standing up, it cannot find the command "run xenmmcboot" in the U-Boot.

I was wondering if Android Automotive OS 12 has XEN support.

Do you have any idea about this?

Best regards.

Tags (4)
4 Replies

Ranadip
Contributor II

Hello @nevozade,

Could you able to solve the issue?

I am facing similar issue when I trying with Android Auto 12.0.0_1.1.0

Appreciate if you can give some insight.

Regards,

Ranadip

0 Kudos

nevozade
Contributor IV

Hello again,

Moreover I want to mention that I am using the UUU with a version 1.3.124 as Android Automotive OS 10 document referred. Is it available also for the desired OS (12.0.0_2.1.0) ?

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

you need rebuild to have XEN, since its pre-built version don;t have XEN support on it.

regards

0 Kudos

nevozade
Contributor IV

Hello @Bio_TICFSL ,

Thanks for your response first, however I rebuilt the Android Automotive OS 12.0.0_2.1.0 my own to get support Xen since the prebuilt one has no Xen support, but still there is no command ‘run xenmmcboot’ during the U-boot stage. I can observe that the uuu script fails during writing the SD card but do not give an error, it completes like everything is fine.

I applied the exact same procedure like Android Automotive OS 10, make a fat16 partition on sd card for example. Is there any new procedure for rebuilding the project to get Xen support? Or any new step for uuu scripting?

Best regards.

0 Kudos