What is the default settings of LDO regulator in Nitrogen 6 Max dtbs ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the default settings of LDO regulator in Nitrogen 6 Max dtbs ?

peteramond
Contributor V

Dear All,

GaryBisson

YuriMuhin_ng

igorpadykov

I used Nitrogen 6 Max development board for my custom hardware design. As well as I used Nitrogen 6 Max dtbs and uboot for that. But I changed its VDDSOC_IN and VDDARM_IN to 1.375 volts and I need to use them in LDO enable mode. But Notrogen 6 Max it is using LDO bypass voltages. As well as I couldn't see any dtb related to LDO enable mode.

1) What are the default settings of the LDO regulator in kernel (In Nitrogen 6 Max) ? Is that LDO enable or LDO bypass ? Do you know any method to see the present status of the LDO in kernel ? Using devrgs command ?

When I read PMU_REG_CORE register using devrgs tools will it give the present settings ?

devregs 0x020C8140

2) Can we set this LDO settings in uboot ?

3) And also some of my custom hardware designs are not working when it is 1.2V for VDDSOC_IN and when I run GPU is highly stressed application. But when I give 1.375V to VDDSOC_IN, I can stress GPU more. Can you comment on this ? Can't I stress the GPU when I'm using LDO bypass mode(1.2V) ?

4)If I'm using Nitrogen 6 Max dtbs how can I change LDO bypass to LDO enable mode ?

Regards,

Peter.

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter

in general for default settings of the LDO regulator first suggest to analyze

schematic of this board

https://boundarydevices.com/product/nitrogen6max/ 

some answers can be found in post Kulunu October 30, 2017 at 11:37 am

U-Boot v2017.03 - Boundary Devices 

ldo dts examples

ENGR00277895: dts: ARM: imx6: add ldo-enable dts files (5a87f28b) · Commits · ARM / qmx6_kernel · Gi... 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------