cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wayland image on i.MX8QXP MEK

ajmalali
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to build Qt 5 Weston Wayland image for i.MX8QXP. I have followed the document "i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide, rev : L4.9.51_8qm-beta2/8qxp-beta, 02/2018". The steps i followed is listed below,

$ repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-morty -m imx-4.9.51-8qm_beta2.xml

$ repo sync

$ DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland MACHINE=imx8qxpmek source fsl-setup-release.sh

$ bitbake fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx

As suggested in the document.

The Yocto build was completed successfully. However the rootfs generated does not have weston in it. I flashed the generated binaries in the SD card and was able to boot successfully, but there was no display. What am i doing wrong. Do i need to add anything in the "local.conf" of the build.

Regards,

Ajmal

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ajmalali
Contributor III

Hi,

I was able to build Qt 5 Weston Wayland image for i.MX8QXP with the 4.9.88 release. The repo was init from a different branch.

Regards,

Ajmal

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately the i.MX8QXP it is under PRE-PRODUCTION, this means that the silicon revision it is not final, and we are still having changes either Software and Hardware for the release of the device.  Please contact your local NXP Distributor or your local NXP Sales Representative so they can provide support for this device at the moment.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

0 Kudos