cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Vivante GC2000 driver?

ruslan_g
Contributor I

Hi

I have HummingBoard i.MX6 with Vivante GC2000, so i download last Debian-cli (from SolidRun)
then resize free space in image, and write it ti SD card.
Then i install lxde-core, and some programm: firefox, chromium, vlc, and other.. it's ok.

Then a tested browsing with FF or Chromium, and all video playing in browser very-very slow.
I try play MPEG2 video with VLC player, and again video playing very slow. CPU utilization - 80-99%.

How i can check, that Vivante driver correctly work?
How i can check version of this driver?
Maybe need to update driver? How i can do it?

Or maybe i can build OS by YoctoProject and include to image last GPU driver? How i can do it?

Thanks for any helps.

3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You may try using the recent NXP BSP L4.9.88 and check it as described in

"i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf". Also, look at section 2.1 (New features) of "i.MX_Linux_Release_Notes.pdf".

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.9.88_2.0.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=13376994810717061... 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ruslan_g
Contributor I

Thanks for reply, Yuri.

Maybe you have example of local.conf (in Yocto) for HummingBoard i.MX6 ?

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

NXP BSP does not support the board, but Community BSP may be used to find proper configuration.

Hands on Yocto: Building for Freescale MX6 (HummingBoard)  

Regards,

Yuri.