Understanding Volume Control Mechanisms in Qt Multimedia for SGTL5000 Audio Codec

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Volume Control Mechanisms in Qt Multimedia for SGTL5000 Audio Codec

Niranj
Contributor I

Hello,

I have successfully integrated the SGTL5000 audio codec into an iMX6 System-on-Module (SOM). Qt Multimedia is utilized to control the codec's volume, and overall, the system functions smoothly. However, I am intrigued about the process by which Qt Multimedia alters the volume settings.

Upon monitoring the value in the codec's volume register, I've noticed that different values are written to the volume register when I adjust the volume using the amixer command (amixer sset PCM 100%). However, when I attempt to modify the volume using Qt Multimedia, the value in the volume register remains unchanged.

I am seeking clarification on how Qt Multimedia communicates with the audio codec driver to effect volume changes. Understanding this process in greater detail would greatly assist me in optimizing the integration of the audio codec into our system.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I suggest you take a look on the next link.

Maybe you should consult directly with Qt

Best regards.

0 Kudos