cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run multicore example on MCUXpresso SDK

muhammed_ali
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to run the ping-pong application provided on the MCUXPresso SDK  (<SDK>/boards/mekmimx8qx/multicore_examples/rpmsg_lite_pingpong_rtos) on imx8qxp. in order to do that, I compiled to make m4_image binary of rpmsg_lite_pingpong_rtos application. and I made flash.bin by following command using imx-mkimage.

mkimage_imx8 -soc QX -rev B0 -append ahab-container.img -c -scfw scfw_tcm.bin -m4 m4_image.bin 0 0x34FE0000 -ap u-boot-atf.bin a35 0x80000000  -out  flash.bin

Then flashed to SD card using dd command.  console one for A-35 and other for M4, both are working fine. after A-35 booted (linux), I installed the imx_rpmsg_pingpong.ko file using insmod but there is no inter-communication between the two core.

could you please help on this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

abhinav_warrier
Contributor I

Hi  Muhammed Ali K P  I have a working example of the Rpmsg stack 
Please check out this repository: GitHub - warrierabhinav/rpmsglite_nanopb_imx8: This is a unique communication stack which uses RPMSG...

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, we cannot help you with this problem since you are using the i.MX8QX, and this product is still in pre-production. For that reason, we do not have any information available and any board to test the problems. I apologize for the inconveniences this could give you.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

muhammed_ali
Contributor I

Hi Diego,

I think the problem is only with the pingpong application on the MCUXpresso SDK. because the pingpong binary on the BSP (<build-dir>/tmp/work/imx8qxpmek-poky-linux/imx-m4-demos/2.3.1-r0/deploy-imx-m4-demos/imx8qx_m4_TCM_rpmsg_lite_pingpong_rtos_linux_remote.bin) is working fine.

Could you please share the source code of that binary?

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, how the board is still in pre-production, we do not have access to the source codes for the i.MX8QX.

I apologize for the inconveniences this could give you.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos