cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB reference circuit

Jump to solution
craigcomberbach
Contributor I

I am not familiar with what is required for USB, but I have been tasked with adding a USB host and a USB OTG to the IMX6 Dual Lite, and would like a reference circuit to work off of. Does anyone know if it exists? I have found plenty that use a hub and extend out to multiple hosts, but I think it can be done without a hub chip. Is this a pipe dream?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Craig,

The i.MX6 family includes up to 3 dedicated USB Host controllers and one USB OTG controller. If you don’t want to use HUB chips, you could use each Host port separately and also the OTG controller in Host mode, just ensure that all the module are properly initialized and configured on the BSP.

Regarding hardware considerations, you could refer to section 3.11 “USB recommendations” of the document titled “Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6Quad, 6Dual, 6DualLite, 6Solo Families of Applications Processo...”.

You could also find useful information regarding configuring the USB modules on application note AN4589 “Configuring USB on i.MX 6 Series Processors

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Craig,

The i.MX6 family includes up to 3 dedicated USB Host controllers and one USB OTG controller. If you don’t want to use HUB chips, you could use each Host port separately and also the OTG controller in Host mode, just ensure that all the module are properly initialized and configured on the BSP.

Regarding hardware considerations, you could refer to section 3.11 “USB recommendations” of the document titled “Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6Quad, 6Dual, 6DualLite, 6Solo Families of Applications Processo...”.

You could also find useful information regarding configuring the USB modules on application note AN4589 “Configuring USB on i.MX 6 Series Processors

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos