Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB camera not detecting on IMX53-Start-R board

Jump to solution
chintakanisiva
Contributor II

Hi All,

When i insert the USB camera on IMX53-Start-R Board i am unable to detect the USB camera devices, But it's detecting the USB keypad and USB mouse.

Is there any configuration for USB camera detection on IMX53-Start-R board?

I am able to detecting the USB camera on IMX53-QSB board.

I want to know the difference between the IMX53-START-R board and IMX53-QSB  regarding USB detection.

Please help us me to debug this problem.

Thanks & Regards

Ch.Siva

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
richard_stulens
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Siva,

The USB hardware is completely on-chip so I don't expect it to be a hardware issue. 

I suspect the difference may be in the Linux kernel configuration or driver support or udev configuration.

I'm not a Linux engineer though.

Do you see any messages reporting the connection of a USB device? If you do, then the camera is recognized at the USB level, but it may not have a driver.

Best regards,

Richard

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
richard_stulens
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Siva,

The USB hardware is completely on-chip so I don't expect it to be a hardware issue. 

I suspect the difference may be in the Linux kernel configuration or driver support or udev configuration.

I'm not a Linux engineer though.

Do you see any messages reporting the connection of a USB device? If you do, then the camera is recognized at the USB level, but it may not have a driver.

Best regards,

Richard

0 Kudos
BrilliantovKiri
Senior Contributor I

Hello, Siva Kumar!

Have you this problem on PC? Also, if you plan use this USB-camera for capture video it should be http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/#status

0 Kudos