cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U-boot error: ** Unrecognized filesystem type **

victorgomez
Contributor II

Hi guys,

I am trying to load my ifs-mx6q-sabrelite.raw file into the freescale board through u-boot, but I get this error all the time:

U-Boot > boot   

switch to partitions #0, OK

mmc1 is current device

** Unrecognized filesystem type **

## Starting application at 0x10800000 ..

I am trying to get the kernel I built for QNX 6.6.0 from the microSD:

U-Boot > setenv loadaddr '0x10800000'

U-Boot >  setenv bootcmd_microsd 'mmc dev 1; fatload mmc 1:1 ${loadaddr} ifs-mx6q-sabrelite.raw; go ${loadaddr}'

U-Boot > setenv bootcmd "run bootcmd_microsd"

U-Boot > saveenv

But when I boot the board, I get the above error. The SD card is formatted in FAT32 and it has only that file. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jaymind
Contributor IV

Hello ,

First change the FS type of ur SD card from FAT32 to EXT4, it might be create problem.

Its something wrong here about mmcdev,

mmc1 is current device

do as below and revert back with result.

try to change the mmc1 to mmc0

so new one will become like this

setenv bootcmd_microsd 'mmc dev 1; fatload mmc 0:1 ${loadaddr} ifs-mx6q-sabrelite.raw; go ${loadaddr}'

and be sure that ur uImage is in partition 1 od SD card, bcoz u specify mmcpart = 1 in argument, so if it not in that partition then change the mmcpart argument accordingly to it.

setenv bootcmd_microsd 'mmc dev 1; fatload mmc 0:1 ${loadaddr} ifs-mx6q-sabrelite.raw; go ${loadaddr}'

u change the bold  digit in above arguments.

and if possible then provide me complete boot argument of ut U-boot, it will give better idea.

Hope it will help u,

Regards

Jaymin D

sodiptaberutu
Contributor II

Hi Gomes, have you solved this issue. Cos now I face this issue to, i wanna try to boot the QNX in IMX6Q from eMMC card. It would be great if you share your experience. Thx in advance

Best Regard

Sodipta Karina

0 Kudos