cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwing UART

Jump to solution
aermakov
Contributor II

I am using iMX6ULL, and I have a question.

Is it possible to throw some functionality (e.g. UART) from one pin to another?

I need to have UART port, but in some cases this UART should be switched to external device and is no longer needed to me. Is there such a functionality?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alexey Ermakov,

You cannot change the device tree from one to another once the device tree has been loaded. However, you may change the registers that setup the muxing alternatives directly while the system is running.

On using the pad as an analog switch that would not be feasible due to the way the pads work. You can see more details on how the pads work on the product documentation, but the muxing options have also limitations on whether pins can be input/output or may also be fixed.

My apologies for the inconvenience!

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alexey Ermakov,

You cannot change the device tree from one to another once the device tree has been loaded. However, you may change the registers that setup the muxing alternatives directly while the system is running.

On using the pad as an analog switch that would not be feasible due to the way the pads work. You can see more details on how the pads work on the product documentation, but the muxing options have also limitations on whether pins can be input/output or may also be fixed.

My apologies for the inconvenience!

Regards,

0 Kudos
aermakov
Contributor II

Actualy I want use pads as analog switch, such as NX3DV2567GU, for example

0 Kudos