cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ThreadX + GUIX, Energy saving, SDRAM

STDMED
Contributor II

Hi guys,

I have been looking for information and reviewed the NXP documentation, but I have not been able to clarify if the following scenario is possible.

RT1052
Azure RTOS
GUIX
Energy Saving

We are using ThreadX + GUIX for a project and the following question arises; is it possible to go into Low Power -> System Idle mode and leave ThreadX doing monitoring tasks, read ADCs, run a single thread at low frequency. The firmware is written on the QSPI flash and the GUIX is using an external SDRAM, can these peripherals remain active in this System Idle mode? As far as I understand from the documentation, you can leave them in self refresh, but reading or writing is not recommended.

I don't know if I have explained myself clearly, but I understand that it would be possible to run ThreadX + GUIX in SDRAM until I enter this mode, then I should use the internal RAM of the RT1050 and once I exit the power mode, recover the data from the SDRAM.

Is this correct?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @STDMED 

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

Please note, the system idle mode:

kerryzhou_0-1632288821990.png

So your ThreadX is no running, but peripheral can remain active, you can use the interrupt to wakeup the system.

If you still want the chip run the code in the low power mode, you can consider the low power run mode.

More details, please refer to the application note:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12085.pdf

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry